ENGAGED!!(Is this even real life?)
It all started with a photoshoot that Sean arranged with the one and only Jordan Miller (check her out on IG!! @jordan_e_miller she is amazing!)
We went for what was supposed to be a "casual" shoot (pics coming soon!!). I found out later that Sean and Jordan have been planning this months ago and communicated through Skype while Sean was in Chicago.
At one point at the end of the shoot, Sean creeped behind me while I was posing for pictures, and showed me a ring box. TOTALLY overwhelmed at that point. Fast forward a little bit, everything went by in a blur as he asked me to Marry him (OMG) and I said Yes (I mean c'mon, y'all already knew the answer).
But this blog post isn't so much about us as it is about the people behind the scene who did all the planning and organizing. [Side note : After the proposal Sean actually got a speeding ticket. LOL. Whoops. Got a little bit too excited. The things that can happen on your engagement day, right?! ]
Okay what was I trying to say.. Oh right. Little did I know, Sean had one more surprised planned. After that speeding ticket I was blindfolded for a good 10 minutes (that seemed like forever). What I opened my eyes to was seriously breathtaking : All my close friends were there waiting for us!
I found out later that Sean had called these people one by one inviting them to the surprise celebration. I actually had an appointment that day, I was leading a volunteer project within my Masters of Accounting class and I was supposed to go to the closing celebration. Sean also called my professor who was the supervisor for the project, telling her that I wasn't going to make it because he was going to propose. I was seriously BAWLING my eyes out the whole time. I mean, seriously, who does that?! I have an amazing boyfriend - now fiance- and I also have such amazing friends that are like family to me. I think I said "thank you" like 10,000 times already but even that is not enough to express my gratitude. So here I am, awake at 2 AM trying to sink in all the wonderful moments I went through today and writing a mini thank you note for all of you wonderful people:
1. My first and foremost thanks goes to Jordan Miller. Thank you for being Sean's partner in crime and for taking the time to take our pictures for us. We are so fortunate to have you as a friend, Jordan!
2. The people who graciously let us use their place as the venue : @stumpplants , Emily + Brian!! Your place is seriously BEAUTIFUL.
3. My iCare peeps who were so good at keeping the secret and helped arrange food, you guys are the BEST! (Special shoutout to Stephanie Samudro and Winston Njomin ;) )
4. My diverse (lol) Rock City worship family- Nate, Kayleigh, Jonathan, Chris, Sarah, Jacqueline (the most supportive bunch of fellas EVER!! I love these people!!!)
5. The LOKAL guys who are such a BIG part of My and Sean's life (@lokalcoldbrew): Winny who flew out from Yale (I love you Winny <3), Jon, Devara, Adam and Sam.
6. Sheany and Alvin for capturing precious moments for us while I was busy trying to deal with my tears
7. My MAJJICTRIP fellas who have been there through every step of this roller coaster like journey (Iris, Jin and Justin who facetimed in all the way from Arizona!!)
8. My other Indonesian friends who are close and dear to my heart and have been a huge part of my Ohio State memories (Gosh the list would be so long if I mention you all.. Y'all know who you are!!)
9. Fonda who came all the way from Chicago and made all the signs + traveled with us all day + was my personal assistant and bag carrier<3
10. My OSU/Fisher/VITA friends who weren't there but made me the SWEETEST video ever for me. I watched the video, I LOVE IT!
There are no words to describe how thankful I am to have you all in my life. I am grateful for the friendship that we share. Thank you for taking time out of yor hectic schedules to celebrate with us and for making an effort to be there. No matter where we go next in life, you all will always have a special place in my heart.
"Seasons pass and years will roll, but time and change will surely show, how firm thy friendship, OHIO"
Sean and Michelle